The scriptures tell us to seek after the things of God first. In the following address, you will hear of what the Bible says as to seeking God. The believer is one who should seek God in all things and put God’s rights before his/her own. Listen to this address to understand more of how a Christian should seek and stand for the things of God.
Bible Scriptures: Darby Translation
- Luke 19:1-3 “And he entered and passed through Jericho. And behold, [there was] a man by name called Zacchaeus, and he was chief tax-gatherer, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was: and he could not for the crowd, because he was little in stature.”
- Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”
- Hebrews 11:13-16 “All these died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them from afar off and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and sojourners on the earth. For they who say such things shew clearly that they seek [their] country. And if they had called to mind that from whence they went out, they had had opportunity to have returned; but now they seek a better, that is, a heavenly; wherefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God; for he has prepared for them a city.”
- Acts 17:11 “And these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, receiving the word with all readiness of mind, daily searching the scriptures if these things were so.”
- 2 Chronicles 7:12-14 “Then Jehovah appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: I have heard thy prayer, and I have chosen for myself this place for a house of sacrifice. If I shut up the heavens that there be no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; and my people, who are called by my name, humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.”