The Apostle Paul was someone who was zealous in all areas of Christianity for the Lord Jesus Christ. Many times in the scriptures we are instructed to be zealous Christians for the service of the Lord. In this address, you will hear about how it applies to four areas of our lives.
Bible Scriptures: Darby Translation
- 2 Corinthians 5:7-10 “(for we walk by faith, not by sight;) we are confident, I say, and pleased rather to be absent from the body and present with the Lord. Wherefore also we are zealous, whether present or absent, to be agreeable to him. For we must all be manifested before the judgment-seat of the Christ, that each may receive the things [done] in the body, according to those he has done, whether [it be] good or evil.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 “For the love of the Christ constrains us, having judged this: that one died for all, then all have died; and he died for all, that they who live should no longer live to themselves, but to him who died for them and has been raised.”
- Galatians 4:16-18 “So I have become your enemy in speaking the truth to you? They are not rightly zealous after you, but desire to shut you out [from us], that ye may be zealous after them. But [it is] right to be zealous at all times in what is right, and not only when I am present with you—”
- Revelation 3:14-22 “And to the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot. Thus because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and am grown rich, and have need of nothing, and knowest not that *thou* art the wretched and the miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked; I counsel thee to buy of me gold purified by fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white garments, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness may not be made manifest; and eye-salve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see. I rebuke and discipline as many as I love; be zealous therefore and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and am knocking; if any one hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and sup with him, and he with me. He that overcomes, to him will I give to sit with me in my throne; as *I* also have overcome, and have sat down with my Father in his throne. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.”
- Titus 2:13-14 “awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works.”